There is a lot going in the world, especially due to the spread of the virus. Everyone is trying to get updated and know the news around the world, they are having a glimpse to different news portals to get updated. But your search end here. Giving you the top 5 things happening around the world that you must know.
– On Tuesday, blawatar, Kathmandu, Around 150 people had gathered in front of the prime minister’s residence, demanding that the government improve quarantine conditions and make wider use of the Polymerase Chain Reaction tests. A protest was going on peaceful but police dispersed water cannons and batons to the protesters. Some were taken into custody for breaking the lockdown.
– According to the World Bank, it will be for the first time that they will be 60 years backward because the gross domestic product in emerging markets will shrink this year by 2.5 percent.
– British Petroleum announced to cut down10,000 jobs because of the global fall in demand for oil due to coronavirus. On Monday, the Company also told staff that around 15% will leave by the end of the year.
– The UK and Japan are set to begin talks today for the agreement on a post-Brexit trade deal. Also, Total UK retail sales fell by 5.9% in May, compared with the previous year.
– The U.S has declared recession in the economic downturn due to pandemic which has put a formal end to what had been more than a decade of economic expansion and marked as the longest in US history.